Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Miss Sponteanity

Have to just give highlights of this trip cuz im super behind on blogging…but the girl from germany who is in my dance class invited me to go to a beach with her when my Nicaragua plans fell through so I after class she asked if I wanted to go and said yeah maybe thinking she meant like the next day Friday but she was like no im going ya (now)..so for prob first time in my life I spontanoise enough to go along with it and quickly go to my house pack a bag and go! She actually baught a car here so we had a nice roadtrip completely talking in Spanish bc she doesn’t like speaking English here (con razon)…so I learned a lot about germany and we made it to nicoya which is a little town an hour away from the beach we were going to the next day, we got a little lost and got some locals to jump in the car and direct us to a cheap hostel…next morning went to another branch of my university bc she wanted to switch schoold the next semester…it was preety and a lot smaller than on the road again to the beach…went to playa grunion after a little confusion and really bad dirt roads, first goal find cheap hostel first one we went to had just sprayed for bugs and but next place had a pool and we were lucky and got a private little room with a kitchen for 12 dollars each a nite…both jumped in the pool right away and went to the beach later that day however she is a really good surfer and the beach had huge waves so I wasn’t able to enjoy it as much…met a very nice girl at the hostel who was a yoga instructer and found out the town we were in was actuall fll of yogis, hippies, surfers and lots and lots of gringos…defiantly met some interesting people and tried to keep up with all the surfer language…unfortuantly missed my chance to try a yoga class in the treetops cuz I decided to go this 2 american girls I met to another beach hoping maybe the waves wouldn’t be so big…it was so strange cuz one was from dc other from Baltimore and there were really fun but very turisty ive always travled with gringas but I found out there is a huge difference between gringa student and gringa tourist…there Spanish was not good at all and they just were there to be on vacation not really learn anything about the place or people but that is not necesarliy bad just diff than why I am here..anyway drove through beautiful country side and cute little cr towns saw lots of kids riding horses and bikes on the sides of the road and found the only gas station that was completely un marked and they used like a soda can with a hose to fill with gas and when the marker on the car wasn’t moving the just shook the car with all of us in it…very amusing drive oh plus fording at least 4 overflooded rivers, thank god for four whell drive..so the beach was small and cute but big waves again…but one of the girls was a philosophy major so we got into some good discussions ahh I love philospofizing she was acutlly reading one of my fav books from a class I had last semester the denial of death…anywagot back early so they could surf of course I hanged in the pool where a little 5 yr old girl befriended me who was so cute than went to the beach and got some time in the ocean and stayed for the sunset that night went out to dinner for one of the girls bdays to a really nice place and listened to reggae night at the hostel well didn’t have a choice on that one but oh well. So that was my spontanuse attempt and I think it went well was nice being with less people cuz gave me more of an opputunity to be independent and met new people..also was proud of myself for traveling outside of the program people and speaking Spanish almost the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. im so proud of your spontaneity!!!!! it better translate back to america! <3

    ReplyDelete